Mitra Chem is a Silicon Valley startup working at the intersection of machine learning and battery development. We live at the cutting-edge of battery technology and aim to deliver world-class materials for the EV market within the next few years. Our goal is to be the first lithium-ion battery materials manufacturer to shorten the lab-to-production timeline by >90% through accelerated R&D and vertically integrated process optimization. We will first focus on Li-ion battery cathodes, converting them from commodity chemicals into a product platform, customized for different applications. We are setting up a state-of-the-art 10,000 sq ft industrial R&D center (located on the San Francisco Peninsula). Join our team to be a part of the growing battery revolution.
We are looking for a Battery Materials Scientist to design, develop and scale-up production of innovative materials, leveraging Mitra Chem’s accelerated R&D infrastructure.
- Determine cathode product strategies and identify chemical and synthesis design spaces that address current and future customer needs.
- Learn, establish, and leverage chemical design and synthesis rules to create cathodes with optimal composition, interfacial properties, morphology and electrochemical characteristics.
- Develop and test hypotheses based on scientific literature.
- Oversee experiments, including synthesis, metrology, cell prototyping, and cell testing.
- Translate between end-application needs and material design parameters.
- Conduct sophisticated design-of-experiments, utilizing modern informatics approaches.
- Work closely with the R&D and software infrastructure teams to develop Mitra’s products.
- Evaluate and experiment with routes for scaling-up powder production.
- Battery cathode synthesis and analytical characterization through an advanced degree in chemistry, physics, materials science, chemical engineering or a related field, and/or substantial industry experience.
- Functioning independently with limited supervision.
- Working within cross-functional teams.
- Electrochemical testing of materials in battery cells.
- Quantitative background in statistical analysis and programming tools.
- Experience with simulations and/or computational modeling is a plus.
We have just completed our Series A financing. Mitra Chem is proud to offer its employees
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive benefits including health, vision and dental insurance, and 401K.
- Well-being allowance and generous paid time-off.
- 2 month paternity and 4 month maternity leave.
- Free lunch and snacks.
Mitra Chem is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws. We take steps to provide our employees, applicants, and others with whom we do business with an environment that is free of any form of discrimination and harassment (including harassment based on any of these characteristics). Mitra Future Technologies, Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job applications procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.